With the world still coming to terms with the loss of Olivia Newton-John, this may ease some pain.
Before her sad passing at the age of 73 and after being with metastatic breast cancer in 2017, Olivia had continued to make music.
The project she was working on at the time of her passing was called ‘Just The Two Of Us: Duets Volume 1. Which is a star studded collection of collaborations from her back catalogue as well as some newly recorded songs.
One of the unheard tracks is ‘Jolene’, which Olivia recorded and performed with the legendary Dolly Parton.
At the beginning of the music video Dolly says that, “I am so excited to be working with Olivia Newton-John, one of my favourites of all time.”
“We’ve kind of always stayed close through the years and I’m just so proud to be a part of this duets project that she’s doing.”
Dolly went onto add that, ‘We’re singing one of my all-time favourites that I’ve written called ‘Jolene’. She (Olivia Newton-John) says it’s one of her favourites, so why not just do a duet of our favourites?”
Just The Two Of Us: Duets Volume 1 will be released on May 5, 2023 and the track list is below:
- Suddenly (featuring Cliff Richard)
- Jolene (featuring Dolly Parton)
- Act of Faith (featuring Michael McDonald)
- Window In The Wall (featuring Chloe Lattanzi)
- Take A Chance (featuring John Travolta)
- Put Your Head On My Shoulder (featuring Paul Anka)
- Face To Face (featuring Barry Gibb)
- I Honestly Love You (featuring Jim Brickman)
- The Best Of Me (featuring David Foster)
- True To Yourself (featuring Vanessa Amorosi)
- Lost Inside Your Heart (featuring Jon Secada)
- I’ll Come Runnin’ (featuring Tina Arena)
- Never Far Away (featuring Richard Marx)
- How Can You Mend A Broken Heart (featuring Kelly Lang)
- Stone In My Pocket (featuring Amy Sky & Beth Nielsen Chapman)
- Love Is A Gift (featuring Delta Goodrem)
- Hopelessly Devoted To You (Live) (featuring Mariah Carey)