Golden North is undertaking a precautionary national recall of a number of products it manufactures, following a customer complaint about metal fragments in a product.
SA Health’s Director Food and Controlled Drugs, Dr Fay Jenkins, said the recall was precautionary and there had been no reports of harm or injury.
“Metal fragments can be potentially dangerous and cause injury if ingested,” Dr. Jenkins said.
“The recall includes some Golden North branded products and others it manufactures, which are sold under different labels.” and that Golden North was "Working with the Diarysafe regulator to address any issues found"
The recall includes the following ice cream products:
• Black & Gold 5-litre Vanilla - Best Before 04 Dec 19
• Black & Gold 2-litre Chocolate Choc Chip - Best Before 08 Dec 19 and 12 Dec 19
• Country Style 5-litre Vanilla - Best Before 07 Dec 19, 13 Dec 19 and 14 Dec 19
• Country Style 5-litre Krazy Kolors - Best Before 13 Dec 19
• Foodland 4-litre Neapolitan - Best Before 12 Dec 19
• Golden North 2-litre Vanilla - Best Before 05 Dec 19 and 08 Dec 19
• Golden North 2-litre Honey - Best Before 06 Dec 19
• Simple 2-litre Vanilla - Best Before 07 Dec 19
• Simple 2-litre Neapolitan - Best Before 07 Dec 19
In South Australia these products are available at Coles, Woolworths, Foodland, Supa IGA, IGA, OTR and Golden North’s Cavan offices.
No other Golden North products are affected by the recall.
Anyone who has purchased an affected product should check the “best before” date and return it for a full refund or call 1800 001 572 for more information.
For health concerns, consumers should contact their GP or healthdirect Australia on 1800 022 222.3