There is one week left to apply for the Government Small Business Grant program.
Applications close on Sunday the 28thof February.
The Small Business Grant Program provides support to South Australian small businesses that are highly impacted by the COVID19 pandemic.
The first round grants closed 1 June 2020. If you missed out in 2020, you may be eligible for the second round of Small Business grants.
Grants of $10,000 are available for small businesses that employ staff receiving the Job Keeper wage, and not-for-profits.
The Government also introduced $3,000 grants for small businesses that do not employ staff, that are operating from commercial premises, and are receiving Job Keeper extension.
To be eligible, businesses and not-for-profits including eligible sporting and community organisations will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and were carrying on the operation of a business in South Australia on 30 September 2020
- Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (excluding GST) in either 2018-19 or 2019-20
- Are a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s extended JobKeeper Payment scheme from 28 September 2020 (JobKeeper extension 1) or from 4 January 2021 (JobKeeper extension 2)
- The enterprise does not engage in illegal activity
- Employing grant applicants also need to:
- Employ people in South Australia as at 30 September 2020*
- Have total Australian payroll of less than $1.5 million in either 2018-19 or 2019-20, and not be entitled to a payroll tax waiver or deferral under COVID-19 support measures introduced by the South Australian Government
- Non-employing grant applicants also need to:
- be operating from a commercial premise (see Frequently Asked Questions for further detail)
- not employ people in South Australia as at 30 September 2020*
FAQs found HERE
Application Link found HERE
SOURCE: Department of Treasury and Finance