South Australian Police are issuing a warning to car owners to lock up your vehicles and not to leave valuables in sight, following a recent increase in thefts from cars.
Incidents have occurred across all days of the week and at all times of the day and night.
Items targeted include: cash, credit cards, bags, driver's licences, wallets and vehicle registration plates.
- Drivers please ensure you follow the below Crime Prevention tips:
- Close your vehicle windows
- Conceal valuables (do this before you park as you may be watched)
- Remove all valuables from your vehicle if you can’t conceal them (including roller door remote controls)
- Remove any documents which may identify the home addresses and details of the owners
- Lock your vehicle doors and do not leave spare keys hidden in or on your vehicle
- Park in well-lit and highly visible areas
- Park your vehicle off the road and if possible, in a locked garage
- Do not place your name, address or registration number on your key-tag
- Carry your keys with you. DO NOT leave them at home when you go out.
- Replace your number plate screws with non-reversible screws to help prevent having your number plate stole.
Click here for crime prevention information.