Over the last two weeks, a series of thefts have been reported in the Yorke Mid North Local Service Area, prompting police to remind the community to secure their valuables.
Superintendent Damian Powell has stated that while there is nothing that suggests the incidents were linked, there were some factors in common.
He went on to say, “Opportunistic thieves take advantage of lapses in security such as unlocked sheds or vehicles and unattended properties.”
Recent reports have included:
* The theft of four tyres and rims plus a portable solar panel from a shed at Australia Plains
* Tools taken from the back of a truck in a paddock at Marrabel
* Batteries taken from a club at Owen
* A camping fridge, alcohol and household items taken from two holiday homes at Moonta
* A UHF radio and tools taken from a tractor at Emu Downs
* Fuel taken from vehicles at Whitwarta
* Tools taken from a shed at Hamley Bridge
The SA Police website offers a range of security advice for rural residents, click here for more details.
Police ask anyone with information about any of these incidents please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at www.crimestopperssa.com.au
Image Source: Pexels