The Flinders Ranges Council have approved the first round of projects as part of the $1 million Commonwealth Drought Communities Programme.
Over $600,000 will be poured into a number of projects around the region with a focus to grow the economy and employment rate of the communities currently in drought.
Mayor Peter Slattery said one of the projects to look out for is the Silo Digital Exhibition Project as it’s the first of its kind.
All projects should be completed by the end of the year.
The projects which have been approved for funding are:
- Drought Communities Facilitation Officer
- Hawker Community Gym Ablution and Storage Facilities
- Quorn Silo Digital Exhibition Project
- Quorn Airstrip Lighting Project
- Emergency Services and Council Water Sources
- Streetscaping the Flinders Ranges Council Townships