The State Government has opened consultation on the formation of a state-wide Regional Development Strategy, reinforcing their commitment to regional SA.
Minister for Regional Development Tim Whetstone says the strategy will deliver a plan for future investment, support and priorities to shape the future of the state’s regions over the long term.
Locals are encouraged to have their say on the strategy to help shape the direction of the plan.
A number of regional community forums will be held across the state where community members will have the opportunity to provide feedback to the Panel.
The consultation closes on Friday 26 July 2019. For further information and to participate in the consultation visit www.yoursay.sa.gov.au/regional-development
Stakeholder and community forums will be held at the following locations:
- 15 July – Copper Coast Sports and Leisure Centre, Kadina
- 18 July – Roxby Motor Inn, Roxby Downs
- 23 July – Memorial Sporting Complex, Port Pirie
- 24 July – Central Oval Community Sporting Complex, Port Augusta
- 25 July – Westland Hotel Motel, Whyalla