Latest News

Local News

Wild Mushroom Reminder

File:Amanita muscaria Marriott Falls 1.jpgPeople in the Clare Valley and Yorke Peninsula are being reminded not to eat wild mushrooms, as a variety of mushrooms start to emerge after recent rain.

Pam Catcheside from the State Herbarium of SA says any wild, unidentified mushroom can potentially be deadly.

Pets are also at risk of dying after eating poisonous mushrooms, so owners should immediately seek veterinary attention for their dog or cat if they suspect their pets have eaten wild mushrooms.

If you suspect you or someone you know has eaten a wild mushroom, contact the Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26.  In an emergency, always call triple zero.

 

Image Credit: JJ Harrison (https://www.jjharrison.com.au/) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)]