Latest News

Local News

40 New Crisis Beds for SA

houses.jpgThe State Government has announced the locations of 40 new crisis accommodation beds for South Australians escaping domestic and family violence in a $4 million initiative.

Whyalla is one of the chosen locations with crisis beds being placed in the areas of greatest need around the state.

A total of 75 per cent of the crisis beds will be delivered by the end of the year and the remaining 25 per cent by the end of April 2020.

The beds will include units, refurbished properties and newly-built properties.

Assistant Minister for Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Carolyn Power says the crisis beds aim to provides links to a network of support services especially in regional areas.