A FREE bushfire safety workshop for women will be held in Burra over two days, Saturday 23rd of March and Saturday 30th of March 9am-3pm. The award winning Firey Women workshops provide women with a safe non-threatening environment to learn new skills to help protect their families and livelihoods. The workshops cover both information and practical sessions over two days.
The Firey Women Workshop includes information and practical sessions in a fun and practical environment.
• Understanding bushfires and warnings.
• Deciding when to leave early or stay and defend.
• Identifying hazards at your home.
• Preparing yourself emotionally.
• Operating fire pumps and equipment.
• Preparing a Bushfire Survival Plan.
When: Saturday 23rd March and Saturday 30th March 2019 (run over 2 days)
Time: 9am-3pm on both days
Venue: Regional Council of Goyder, Burra Office, 1 Market Square, Burra.
Bookings essential: Lisa Jamieson 8892 0100 or Kylee McNamee 0457 103 506
Morning and afternoon tea supplied. BYO lunch on the day.